List of active policies
|Cookies policy||Other policy||All users|
|Site policy||Site policy||Authenticated users|
This privacy notice relates to user accounts created on this site.
Privacy and personal data
We take your privacy very seriously. In order to provide access to this site, we need to collect and store personal information about you.
What is collected?
We collect the data that you provide when creating an account, such as name and email. We also collect data about your activity on the site, including any contributions that you make.
How is this information used?
This information is only used to provide access to the online courses on this site.
How long is my data stored?
Your personal data is stored as long as your account is active on this site.
Please read this policy in conjunction with our privacy notice, which sets out additional details on how we use personally identifiable information and your various rights.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the site or a third-party to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you.
Essentially, cookies are a user’s identification card for the Moodle servers.
Web beacons are small graphic files linked to our servers that allow us to track your use of our site and related functionalities. Cookies and web beacons allow us to serve you better and more efficiently, and to personalise your experience on our site.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
When you use and access the site, we may place a number of cookie files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the site and we use different types of cookies to run the site:
- Essential cookies. Necessary for the operation of the site. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of user accounts, or offer site features.
- Analytical/performance cookies. Allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the site when using it. This helps us improve the way the site works.
- Functionality cookies. Used to recognise you when you return to the site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. Record your visit to the site, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of the Site and refine marketing efforts.
- Tracking cookies. Follow on-site behaviour and tie it to other metrics allowing better understanding of usage habits.
- Optimization cookies. Allow real-time tracking of user conversion from different marketing channels to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Partner cookies. Provide marketing conversion metrics to our partners so they can optimize their paid marketing efforts.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
The tables below list some of the internal and third-party cookies we use. As the names, numbers, and purposes of these cookies may change over time, this page may be updated to reflect those changes.
|MoodleSession||You must allow this cookie into your browser to provide continuity and maintain your login from page to page.||When you log out or close the browser this cookie is destroyed (in your browser and on the server).|
|MOODLEID||It remembers your username within the browser. This means when you return to this site the username field on the login page will be already filled out for you.
||It is safe to refuse this cookie - you will just have to retype your username every time you log in.|
|__cfduid||Cloudflare: used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis||https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170156-What-does-the-Cloudflare-cfduid-cookie-do-|
|__utma||Google Analytics: stores the amount of visits (for each visitor), the time of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current visit|
|__utmb||Google Analytics: used to check approximately how fast people leave: when a visit starts, and approximately ends|
|__utmc||Google Analytics: used to check approximately how fast people leave: when a visit starts, and approximately ends|
|__utmz||Google Analytics: records whether the visitor came from a search engine (and if so, the search keyword used), a link, or from no previous page (e.g. a bookmark)||https://helpful.knobs-dials.com/index.php/Utma,_utmb,_utmz_cookies|
Our site policy explains our limits of service and code of conduct.
By agreeing to this site policy, you acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following points.
Limits of service
No guarantee or warranty is expressed or implied.
We are providing the Learn Moodle MOOCs free to you to help you learn about Moodle.
Learn Moodle MOOC content is not permanent, and the site is not designed to host your actual courses for bringing your students into. The site may be closed at any point after the end of the course and any data that you uploaded will be deleted at our discretion. We cannot be held liable for any perceived loss of data or service.
During the course, you will be encouraged to sign up for a MoodleCloud site to transfer your practice course to.
This site is open to everyone, and as such, any data you post in forum discussions or elsewhere can be seen by anyone, and may be quoted, copied or used elsewhere. It is your responsibility not to post data that you want to keep private.
We respect your privacy, and as a participant, you do not have to use your real name to sign up. However, be aware that any badges you earn will display your name exactly as you entered it here.
An email address is required for this site to work correctly. Again, we respect your privacy and your email address will not be shared or sold to any third party. We may send you follow-up emails after the course to ask for your evaluation and inform of you future training options, new MOOC dates or other resources. You will always be able to opt out using the 'unsubscribe' link in the email.
Please refer to our Privacy notice for more information.
Code of conduct
On this open community site participants are expected to act responsibly and to show respect and consideration to other users.
- Do not post unsolicited advertisements or spam.
- Do not harass other users.
- Do not upload or post materials that are unsuitable for people under 13 years old.
- Do not abuse the limits of this free service by uploading gigabytes of videos or other files.
- Do not upload anything that you don't have copyright for.
Spammers or anyone else who persists in violating our code of conduct will have their account blocked. To report spam or any other site policy issue, please use the Moodle.com contact form.